Styes is a condition that arises due to the inflammation or infection of the glands around the eyes or on the eyelids. As a result of the inflammation, the eyelids progressively swell and become red. These swellings that resemble acne can cause itching or they can close the eyes.
What Helps with Stye?
• Skin of the raw potato is peeled carefully and the potato is washed. Then, the washed potato is grated and placed on a clean cloth (do not lose the juice of the potato). Wrap the potato around the stye and wait. You can do this once a day.
• Add 1 teaspoon of May daisies in one teacup of boiling water and let it brew for 3 minutes. Then, dip a clean cloth or cotton in the tea and apply it to the problematic eye.
• Add raw egg yolk and a small amount of milk in one boiled and mashed potato, bring it to paste, spread it on a cloth and place it on the eye.
• Add a little less than a tablespoon of fennel in a glass of boiling water and wait until it cools down. Then, dip a cloth into this water and wrap it around the eye.
• The face should be washed with warm water every morning and the eye with stye can be cleaned with a cotton dipped in warm water.
• Before going to bed at night, hot compress can be applied on the eye with stye. For this application, warm a towel by using an iron. The towel shouldn’t be too hot.